RESTEC has released a new version (version 2.0) of VEGA*1. Version 2.0 included the observation data by Sentinel-1 which carries the Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) in addition to the existing optical satellites.
Sentinel-1 is developed and operated by the European Space Agency (ESA) and Sentinel-1A and 1B were launched in 2014 and 2016 respectively. ESA announced the end of the mission for 1B in 2022 but plans to launch 1C in 2023. SAR satellites can obtain information on the ground surface despite cloudy weather as SAR uses radio wave which penetrates clouds.
This improvement makes it possible to visualize almost a 10-year archive of SAR data from 2014 to date. Users can also visualize optical data observed by Landsat-4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and Sentinel-2.
・Try using VEGA
・Past announcements(version 1.2)
・Past announcements(version 1.0)
Visualizing Earth tool by Google Earth Engine Apps
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights of VEGA belong to RESTEC.
- Users may not sell, rent or lease VEGA to any third party.
- VEGA is provided as is without warranty of any kind and RESTEC makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, regarding VEGA, including but not limited to its merchantability and suitability for a particular use.
- Any problems that occur with this software shall be resolved at users’ own risk and expense.
- Users shall exempt and guarantee RESTEC from damage, loss, or liability for claims made to the users by a third party related to the use of VEGA.